Captain Starshot was a year-long project that I and the team have worked on as a students. Captain Starshot is a Roguelike Top-Down Shooter with Procedural Content Generation featuring space exploration and boarding of ships. The game is inspired by the old Space Pulp Science Fiction comics from 1920s-1940s.
My Main Contributions
- Working on part of the Procedural Content/Level Generation System in the game. (Brainstorming our PCG solution from the start of the project, helping tool creation, translating Grammar Graphs output into gameplay/levels.)
- Implementation of a Dynamic Minimap System.
- Implementation of a Dynamic Music System.
- Perforce & Technical Support for the team. (UE4 issues, Gameplay, Blueprints, and C++).
- Dedicated Build Engineer. Using the school supplied Jenkins machine to create development and release builds.
- Instigated and created the Game Soundtrack Video. (Watch here.)